Monday, February 16, 2009

Bamboo Electronics +Rant

DBL Distributing has partnered with Micro Innovations to distribute eco-friendly computer accessories.
The good: As readers of this blog know, I'm a big fan of bamboo in many applications. It's a strong, beautiful wood that grows very fast. That's the eco-friendly part. I can't tell from this photo just how attractive the the computer accessories are. Looks like they put a really glossy finish on them--not my first choice in finishes for anything except the brightwork on wooden boats.

The bad: So why don't I just click on the link and go to the website for a closer look? Because they don't let you past the first page unless you first sign in. That's crap. I don't know whether I want to join your store, give you my email address, etc., BEFORE I've seen what you've got to sell. I suggest Micro Innovations get themselves another distributer. They'd have a much better chance of actually selling something.

[Thanks, I think, BoingBoingGadgets]

No comments: